- On this website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications from Paul Cohen Insurance.
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Paul Cohen Insurance or any third-party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third-party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the website.
What Information does Paul Cohen Insurance Collect from its Users?
We collect several types of information from and about users of our website, including Personal Information. “Personal Information” refers to information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or device. When you use, navigate and/or complete forms on the website, we may collect Personal Information about you. The categories and types of Personal Information we may collect include:
- Name, phone number, email address, postal address, IP address.
- Browsing history, information on an individual’s interactions within the Site.
- Demographic information (such as age or gender or income or other similar information).
- Location information, such as when you use Paul Cohen Insurance’s mobile site, you have the option to disclose your location to Paul Cohen Insurance. Paul Cohen Insurance collects this information only after you give explicit permission for Paul Cohen Insurance to do so.
Personal Information does not include: publicly available information from government records; deidentified or aggregate information; or certain Personal Information protected by other sector-specific federal or state statutes.
How Does Paul Cohen Insurance Collect information?
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use portions of our website, subscribing to our service, requesting further services, or contacting us. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Social network data. If you log on to our website using your social media account (e.g. Facebook, or Instagram), we may receive information about your social media profile that you have authorized the social network to share with us as part of your sign-on to our website. We may also collect information when you interact with any content we make available on social media – such as by “liking” our content or posting a response to our posts – we may be able to access information that the social media network makes publicly available in connection with that interaction.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the website, or transmitted to other users of the website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect through data collection technologies may include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our website.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see below.
The technologies we may use include:
Pages of our website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Paul Cohen Insurance, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics.
Paul Cohen Insurance uses Facebook Pixel technology to measure, optimize and build audiences for advertising campaigns served on Facebook. It allows Paul Cohen Insurance to see how our visitors move between devices when accessing the website and Facebook, and to ensure that Paul Cohen Insurance’s Facebook advertising are seen by users most interested in such advertising.
You can view your Facebook ads settings and update your preferences at any time
Google has created an “Opt-out Browser Add-on” for users who wish to use websites while preventing their data from being accessed or used by Google Analytics. If you want to opt out of the features on Http://www.paulcoheninsurance.com that rely on Google Analytics, please follow the directions provided by Google here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ features
Paul Cohen Insurance uses Google’s “remarketing” service to advertise Paul Cohen Insurance on the Internet. Google’s remarketing service allows Paul Cohen Insurance to show users advertisements that are specifically tailored to them based on their prior usage of Paul Cohen Insurance. For example, if a user searches on Paul Cohen Insurance for events in Indiana, Paul Cohen Insurance’s remarketing campaign might cause that user to see an advertisement on a third-party website for a listing of an event in Indiana. These advertisements might appear on a Google search result page, or on a site in the Google Display network.
The remarketing service relies on cookies placed on your computer or mobile device. The cookie does not identify you or give access to your device, nor does it collect any personally identifiable information such as an e-mail address, or name. The cookie simply identifies which types of listings or services interested you in the past, so that Paul Cohen Insurance may show you advertisements about those listings or services in the future. Paul Cohen Insurance utilizes this type of marketing in order to show you only the advertisements that are relevant to you.
You may opt-out of Google’s remarketing services by visiting https://privacy.google.com. You may also opt out of Interest-Based Advertising by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
How does Paul Cohen Insurance use the Information it collects?
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your coverage.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any business entered into between you and us, including for billing by the carrier.
- To notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- When you save a search, Paul Cohen Insurance may periodically alert you to events matching your search criteria.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
For any marketing email communications from Paul Cohen Insurance, we will provide you the opportunity to opt out of future communications.
Does Paul Cohen Insurance Share the Information it receives?
Paul Cohen Insurance does not sell your email address or other information to third parties.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To associates, brokerage offices, insurance carriers/providers, affiliates, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Paul Cohen Insurance’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Paul Cohen Insurance about our website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you use a Paul Cohen Insurance web form to contact us, any information you place in the web form will be visible to us.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- To respond to claims that any user-generated content violates the rights of third-parties
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Paul Cohen Insurance, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. To learn how you can manage cookies see the section above (HTTP Cookies and Flash Cookies).
- Promotional Offers from Paul Cohen Insurance. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by Paul Cohen Insurance to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by using the UNSUBSCRIBE feature in the email you receive from PAUL COHEN INSURANCE, which will remove you from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Paul Cohen Insurance as a result of a purchase, or activity on the website.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
Updating Your Information
If you are a user who has a registered account on the website, you can review and change some of your Personal Information by logging into the website and visiting your account details page or contacting us at the information below.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure, including the use of firewall and encryption technologies.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.